Blokada Review: Blokada is a wonderful ad-blocker with many unique and advanced features. it has tons of features to make your web browsing experience as good as it can be. Here in this post we will discuss them and give you a detailed review of the app.
The UI of Blokada is very clean and easy to use. The whole interface consists of three colors black, white and orange. We liked the combination and especially the fact that background is black which serves the purpose of dark theme. This dark theme will help you save your battery and being a personal fan of black, I am in love with it.
There is main home page which consists of 8 navigation buttons arranged in a grid. To access a feature just tap on it and it will get you to the page where you will additional settings. Overall the UI is simple and we loved it. The fact that there are just toggles and buttons makes it fairly simple and easy to use. The power button is at the bottom which gives you single tap on/off functionality.
Features of Blokada
- System wide ad blocking: Being Ad-blocker it is obvious that it blocks ads, but it does that system wide. Means there is no particular browser it works with, it will block ads in all of your apps. To block ads click on Blacklist and chose whichever option best suits your needs to block ads. By default there is a basic ad-blocking enabled.
- Ability to change DNS: DNS can help you with many things from bypassing region restrictions to making your browsing more secure and fast. Blokada offers tons of DNS services to choose from that best suits your need. That too with just a single tap. You can also add costom DNS.
- Ability to whitelist: Blokada doesn’t gives options to block ads but also to whitelist apps which you want to show ads. Not just apps it gives you option to whitelist a link, host website, file.
- Block adult content: I love this one. Blokada not only block ads but also gives you privilege to block all adult content with just one tap. Check out more about it by clicking here.
- Start on Boot: Blokada gives you one tap option to turn on start-up on boot. This will ensure that you are always safe from ads, no matter what.
- Keep alive: Enabling this feature will make Blokada immune to power management shut downs and memory management. This way the app will always stay active in the background even if you clear all app from multitasking tray.
- No Root: The best thing about Blokada is that it can provide all these great features without rooting. No need to waste your time on finding ways to root your device and risk warranty of your device.
- Open Source: Open source ensures that it will always be free and everything is clean and secure. There is no risk of privacy leaking with use of open source applications.
Is Blokada Safe?
Blokada is an open source app, means all of it’s source code is available for anyone to see. If you want you can get the original source code of Blokada on GitHub. Those who are into it know that there is no false codes on GitHub. So how safe is Blokada, you ask? Blokada is as safe as it can be to use. It is open source and loaded with so much features, that you will get nowhere else. Don’t wait just grab it, if you have not downloaded it already. To download latest version of Blokada, click here.
There you have it, our Blokada review. At the end we can proudly say that Blokada is a complete package that gives you best and most number of features an ad-blocker can offer. It covers all your web browsing related needs. From blocking ads to securing you while browsing, it does it all. Heck it even gives you ability to filter content. On top of it gives you tons of different settings to play with. Blokada can be highly customized according to your needs. In short it is a complete package and we ensure you it offers best in class features for free.
So! What are you waiting for? Download it, if you have not already done it. Make your life easy and ad-free. Happy Browsing!